Freshwater Field School
The freshwater field school is run in partnership with Alberta Parks. For more information and to book a session please visit the Alberta Parks website.
- The Field School program is operated/administered in partnership with the Elbow River Watershed Partnership and Kananaskis Country, Environmental Education Program
- The Field School started in the Spring in 2005
- Nearly 18,700 students have participated in the program since it's inception
- Over 2,300 volunteers participated in the program between 2005 and 2018
- 249 schools participated between 2005 and 2018
- We have had both spring and fall programs since 2008
- Freshwater Field Study FAQ document download pdf FAQ - Freshwater Field School Program (307 KB)
Our Freshwater Field School was the feature of our September 2015 newsletter. Read more about it in the news section.
Questions about the Freshwater Field School program? Ask Anne firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Partners facilitating 2018 Field Study Educator training:
Alberta Parks, Kananaskis Region
Bow River Basin Council
The City of Calgary
Elbow River Watershed Partnership
Glencoe Golf & Country Club
Shell Canada Ltd.
Spray Lake Sawmills
University of Calgary, Earth Sciences